Monday, February 8, 2010

Priesthood Preview


Today was a bittersweet day. Tonight we went back to church for Mason's Priesthood Preview. He will receive the Aaronic priesthood this year, and this was a special night that explains what that responsibility will entail. I didn't really know whether to laugh or cry tonight. It seems like just yesterday we were bringing him home from the hospital. Now, he's almost old enough to be 12 and passing the sacrament. I looked over at those boys on Sunday, and they just look so young! I am so excited for Mason and what these next few years hold for him! BUT, at the verys same time, I am a little sad. My little boy is not so little anymore, and he's slowly growing away from me. While I know this is a good thing, and I should embrace it, I just don't think I am quite ready to do so. They don't write the book "What to expect when your teenager starts growing away from you", and now I know why. No one would really want to read that book anyway. Today, I was constantly reminded of how much I love my children, how much I love being their mom, and how grateful I am to be given this opportunity! This much is sure: it makes the saying "Families Are Forever" such much more poignant! I can't imagine spending eternity without any part of my family! I love you Mason!

1 comment:

  1. now... thru my own tears, I want to say we love you too Mason... You are growing up so GOOD!!!
    Hang in there mom...It never gets easier... how old are YOU now??? and I'm still having trouble leaving you! love you all... nana

    ReplyDelete