Thursday, February 11, 2010

Worth the Wait
















Arie turned 6 months this month! Wow - time sure does seem to fly! I remember finding out that I was pregnant with Arie. We had tried for several years to get pregnant after Zach was born, but with no success. The doctors told us point blank that it would more than likely never happen again. I really had to wrap my brain around that, put the want and desire behind me, and be happy with the two, wonderful boys I had been given, and move on. And that's what I did. It took some time, but I did move on. And then, out of nowhere - I am pregnant. I remember sitting on the couch with Aaron and just sobbing - for so many different reasons. But I just couldn't understand why we had to wait for so long. But now I know why! My life is now so full, and really complete. Arie has brought a renewed love and joy and happiness into our home! It was a happy home before, but now it is just a "complete" happy - more like a fullness of joy! She is such a wonder and so much fun! I still don't know why we had to wait for her for so long, but I must say. . .she was worth the wait!

3 comments:

  1. Such a doll! Layne, I sent you an email, but maybe I don't have the right address. Anyway, in all seriousness if you ever want a free place to stay in London the door is open! Really! The Austen and Bronte classes are so amazing. They'd be fine anywhere else, but simply because we're studying it here in England makes them incredible. We're also going to Chawton and Bath later in the course. If you're an Austenite you simply must come to England!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so cute! I just want to reach out and give her a great big hug! I can't believe she is 6 months. She was definitely worth the wait. She was probably pretty anxious to come hang out with you guys - You guys are AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! The smile in the first one is so precious. I can't believe she is 6 months old. Time seriously flies. Can't wait for Easter and her first egg hunt!

    ReplyDelete