Friday, March 5, 2010

Happy Day!











We like cooking shows at our house (I think it's my boys way of trying to get me to be a better cook!) Mason got us all hooked on Man v. Food (it's an homage to gluttony - and it's a bit like a car crash - you just can't help but look!) But the greatest fascination is a little show called Cake Boss. We watch it on Monday nights, usually with some kind of pastry, since the show has a tendancy to make you VERY hungry! Because of the show, my boys have been introduced to such foreign pastries as cannoli's and lobster tails! The show takes place in Hoboken, New Jersey, so it's a forgone conclusion that we would never partake in one of Buddy's goodies (he's the actual "Boss")! However, my Dad often travels to New Jersey on business. And he took a day to go to Carlo's Bakery and buy an array of pastry delights. He then surprised my boys with a box of goodies for each of them for Valentines Day. He also bought each of the boys an apron - which has already been put to good use quite a bit! It was a great surprise! And, let me just add, that if you are EVER in Hoboken and craving a good cannoli - you won't do any better than Carlo's - they were the BEST I've ever had! Thanks Papa! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment