Friday, March 5, 2010

YUCKY!











A few weeks ago, we started Arie on veggies! It's kinda the next step in her progression, and I gotta say, I was a bit excited! The first time I fed Mason food, I got the full, 3 course meal (in Gerber jars): chicken, green beans, sweet potatoes & applesauce! He yummed it all up and I felt confident that I was the worlds best mother! Then I spoke with his pediatrician, and he just about flipped! He informed me that I was to start with only one food at a time, and that foods like chicken should be very last. So, Zach came along. I learned from Mason, and chose only sweet potatoes for his first big meal! I was so proud, and he yummed it all up! Again, I visited with his pediatrician and informed him of my reformed ways. However, instead of praise, I was chastised! It's better to start babies on veggies - like green beans, instead of something sweet. Okay, so, third times a charm, right? WRONG! I did buy green beans, and only one jar at that! I also bought one jar of carrots. However, as you can tell, it didn't go over quite so well. One bite of the green beans and Arie was gagging and doing the shimy-shake! You mom's know that move, right? So, green beans were out! Next the carrots (to heck with what doctors say!). That's a big NOPE on the carrots. Same gagging and shaking. However, that night we happened to be having steamed carrots for our dinner. Aaron promptly squished some of his up and fed Arie, to which she gulped down and wanted more! WHAAAT! Needless to say, she doesn't like canned food, only freshly steamed. So, I've struck out three times - (and I won't be getting any more at-bats!) But, it's kinda fun to make her food for her, and it's a lot healthier, so it's a good thing!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like her cousin Sammy - he only liked the real stuff as well! She is such a doll!

    ReplyDelete