Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Temple Lights





Again with the sideways shot - sorry!


Every year, we like to go as a family to see the lights at the temple. Last year, Arie was little and it was raining and cold, so we opted not to go. It just never felt like Christmas. So this year, Zach was adamant that we go early, to ensure that we see the lights! It was a chilly night, but seeing all the lights, the people and the live nativity is such a wonderful experience. This year, we ventured into the Visitor Center and watched a movie about Christ. It was really quite powerful. I promptly came home and bought the movie! I feel so blessed that we live so close to the temple! It truly is a bit of heaven on earth. Even my children can feel the spirit that resides on the grounds. During this time of year, I am taken back to my travels to the Holy Land, to the birthplace of our Savior. It seems like yesterday that I was out on Shepherds Field, looking at Bethlehem off in the distance, and wondering what it must have been like to have been a shepherd visited by an angel to herald in the birth of the Savior?! I feel blessed that I live in a day in age when the truth of the Gospel has been restored. That I know that my Savior lived and died for me, and that because of his life, I can once again return to live with Him and my Father in Heaven. Christmas is such a magical time! It is a time when the world, collectively, whether religious or not, recognizes and celebrates the birth of Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

  1. love love LOVE the temple lights and miss them so much :) looks like a great trip :)

    ReplyDelete