Tuesday, January 31, 2012

BYU FAN-ATICS

I am an BYU alumn and Aaron is an Aggie (USU) alumn. So, last year, when the two teams met in Provo, we decided to take the kids to the game. Along for the ride were good friends the Johnson and Gonzalez families. We had to stop at the famed salt flats for a photo op! Not to mention our family has a tradition of carving our names in the salt! Here's the whole kidd-o gang:






Brooke Johnson & Mason

And then, onto the game!! Oh how I love a good BYU football game! Anyone who knows me, knows that not only do I LOVE football, but pair that with BYU and I'm in heaven! I have successfully won my children over, who also cheered for the Cougs. Poor Aaron was the lone Aggie fan. And - so sorry Aaron - the COUGS WON! :)



Two of my bestest friends: Cindy Johnson & Paula Gonzalez

Celia Gonzalez and Madi & Kylie Johnson

Olivia and Arie
We went to visit my nephew, Paul Krey, who is a freshman at BYU - yep! He is a super smart dude!

BYU WINS! Aaron was not super happy (and clearly neither was Arie) but the rest of us were all smiles! GO COUGS!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much fun! Maybe one of these years we will take our crew to a game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, I LOVE to watch BYU Football and I cheer the loudest! How fun to go to the game, we watched it on TV....next time you are in UT, let us know. I can meet you somewhere. Miss you guys--your kids are getting so big and oh so cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GO COUGS!!! of course, you neglected to mention that you had the MOST fun staying at the luxurious Mahaffey Hotel!! Would have been so much fun to have been there with you... love, mom-nana

    ReplyDelete