Monday, January 16, 2012

My Legacy



Every once in a while, probably far less than I should, I sit back and look around and marvel at how blessed I am. Yesterday I was doing this while looking at my three, beautiful children. When Aaron and I began on this journey to parenthood, we had a rocky go at the beginning. After almost three long years, when we found out we were pregnant with Mason we were thrilled. On that day, I remember kneeling down to thank my Father in Heaven for blessing us, and promised that I would thank Him everyday for the opportunity to be a mom. I have never broken that promise! All of my children are so unique and different, and each bring such a fullness of joy into my life! I really cannot imagine my life with them not in it. I can't truthfully say that I've loved being a mom everyday. But I can say that when I take stock of my life, all of my blessings and gratitude boil down to one essential element - family! My children will be the biggest and hopefully best job I do in this life. They quite literally define who I am and my journey in this life. And I am grateful, profoundly, to be their mom!


2 comments:

  1. Well said - you are a great Mom! It's fun to read your updates again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Layne,

    That was awesome! Somedays it is hard being a mom but really that's all I've ever wanted to be, and I love it! I really do miss you and your family. I am grateful to have you guys in my family. . . .even if right now it's just though a blog ;) I love you!- Jamie

    ReplyDelete