Thursday, July 15, 2010

BYU






It's hard to believe that I was a starting freshman at BYU 20 years ago! And while the body is quick to remind me that I am no longer an 18 year old, the brain still thinks I am. I can recall those first few days, right after my parents left me at the dorms. I was scared and excited, all at once! I knew I was on the threshold of a whole new and exciting world - a story that I could write in any way I wanted! I loved being a student at BYU! I will always look back on my college years as some of the best years of my life. So, when I returned with children in tow, the feelings were quite different for me! So much has changed - I hardly recognized the landscape leading up to campus, much less the campus itself! As we took the boys past various places that I lived as a single student, and then the two places Aaron & I lived, so many memories came flooding back - great memories that I wish I had taken the time to write down when I was living that life! While so much has changed, it was great to walk the grounds of the school again! I bought all the kids their BYU gear (trying to impress upon them the importance of attending school there!!) and we took lots of pics! Life is a funny thing - I am not one who believes in living in the past. I am always looking to the future, anxiously awaiting what life will throw at me. However, I did love living for the moment in the past - re-living those great memories of my days there as a student and a brand-new married girl! Such great memories - good times!

2 comments:

  1. wow, it's really been 20 years??? I don't think I've ever cried so hard as I did that day that we left you at BYU and we drove home. Time has made you into a wonderful woman, wife & mother!
    You & Aaron are raising a great family! If they turn out as well as their parents, it won't matter WHICH school they go - they'll be incredible! (as long as it's not the U )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard to believe that it's been 20 years! It's crazy! But, alas, it has been. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete