Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Twelve is Swell







Sunday, June 27th, was an amazing day for our family! First, Mason received the Aaronic priesthood at Church. Nana & Papa, Grama & Popi, and Aunt Misty got to be there. Aaron, the Bishop, Uncle Juan, "Uncle" Ken, Popi, and Papa all helped to ordain him to the office of a Deacon. The spirit was so strong! Then the Bishop asked Mason if he would bear his testimony. It was short and simple, but WOW! Was it ever strong! I don't really know how it is that I was picked to be his mom?! He is such a strong spirit! Whenever people ask me how it is that I've raised such a great young man, my response is ALWAYS the same: he just came that way! There is a definite reason he was the one chosen to lead the way for the children in our family! It's hard to imagine that I have a son in Young Men's now,but I do! He is so excited to be entering this new chapter of his life, and it makes me so proud to call myself his Mom! And I am continually reminded and grateful for the wonderful supporting family I am surrounded with! Thank you Nana and Papa for coming back from Utah to be there with us! Thank you Grama & Popi for taking time out of your busy Sunday to support us! And thank you Aunt Misty for taking the time to spend the entire day in a much warmer-than-you-are-used to, Antioch! But mostly, thank you Mason for being worthy to receive such an honor!

1 comment: