Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My Mom's Gonna Kill Me...










When I was ten years old, I wanted nothing more than to have my ears pierced! I begged and begged my mom , but to no avail. She staunchly said, "NO WAY! If the Lord had intended for you to have holes in your ears, you would have been born with them!" And she still is, to this day, the only woman I know (in the world!) to not have pierced ears. However, after two years of wearing her down, she gave in when I was twelve. That set the stage for my sisters, and in turn, when they turned twelve they too pierced their ears. Now I am a mom, and I get to make those life-altering, crucial decisions. Only I took the path less traveled (at least by my mom!) I love you mom, BUT, little girls with pierced ears are just too cute. So, to celebrate the appending one year mark, Arie and her cousin, Olivia, went together to get their ears pierced. Olivia is six, and was quite nervous. But she went first to assure Arie that all would be okay!