Friday, June 18, 2010

BFF's











When I was twelve years old, I went to Girls Camp for the first time. There I met Lara Fulkerson. She was in a different ward, but she had several brothers, so she was quite the popular girl. We became fast friends. Then, at school, I met Emily Allen. She wasn't a member of the church, but after a few of years and visits from the missionaries, Emily joined the church. Since we were in high school, Emily, Lara and I have been best friends. Time, distance, marriage and families have taken us to various places in our personal lives and in proximity, but one thing has remained - our friendship! It's one of those once-in-a-lifetime friendships - no matter where we are or how much time has passed, we just fall into step, one with another! Those two girls got me through my high school years. They helped me to keep my standards high, and were the rock of love and support every high school teenager girl needs. I feel so blessed to have these two amazing women still in my life. They are such an inspiration to me - each in her own, personal way. Lara is now a single mom, with 3 children. She currently lives here, in Antioch, but will soon be off to nursing school, possibly in Utah. She is such a great mom, and no matter how busy and hectic her life as a single parent gets, she always makes time for her children, while supporting a 4.0 GPA! Emily is now a mother of 4children. She lives in Utah and is just beginning a small business of baby blankets and products, for which she makes. Her line is adorable and named after her daughter, Chloe Jane. I'd tell you her website, but I don't know it. You can look up her work on etsy.com, and look under chloejanehomemade. I found and old high school swim pic with the three of us in it. And while time has changed the physical appearances, the emotional attachment remains as strong as ever! Recently Emily came to San Fransisco for a conference, and Lara and I were able to join her in the city for an evening of eating and talking. Just like old times!

No comments:

Post a Comment